Our service provider, Yellow Cab, will no longer be operating 24 hours a day.
Yellow Cab’s hours of operation are 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. They make every effort to provide services up to this point. However, due to the pandemic, there are no guarantees that Yellow Cab will be able to service emergency ride home requests. Because of this, we suggest you submit your request and arrange transportation with Yellow Cab before 9:30 p.m.
When engaging with our service provider, please note the following:
1. A picture ID matching the information provided when you submit your request is still required.
2. When presenting your ID, hold it up to the driver so they can record your information. Keep the ID in your possession.
3. You are not required to sign anything and should refuse if asked to do so.
Be safe and follow the recommendations set forth by the Center for Disease Control at:
The MORPC Emergency Ride Home (ERH) program is a free service that assures commuters using alternate forms of transportation to and from work that they won’t be stranded at work in the case of an emergency, illness, or unexpected overtime. It’s a foolproof benefit meant to ease your mind if you rideshare, bike, or bus to work and need to get home quickly.
Do you already have a Gohio Commute account?
1. Log in here, then go to your profile. Check the box which reads I would like to participate in the Guaranteed/Emergency Ride Home program
2. Review your home and work address, and your phone number to ensure it is correct.
3. Save your profile.
4. Click on the Public Profile link found on the left-side of your profile.
5. Under My Typical Commute, ensure that the selection for My usual commute mode is is completed. Note that in order to use the benefit, you must have used some sort of sustainable transportation to your workplace, such as carpool, transit, bike/walk, or Gohio Commute Vanpool.
6. Save your profile.
Don’t have an account and want to join? Go here to register. Make sure you check the box which reads I would like to participate in the Guaranteed/Emergency Ride Home program on the last step of registration. Also, under My Typical Commute on your Public Profile, ensure that the selection for My usual commute mode is is completed.
Please allow up to 72 hours for the approval process to complete. You will receive an email from email@example.com with further instructions.
Have you been approved to use the ERH benefit? Follow these directions to request your ride:
After the form is submitted, check your inbox for a copy of your request. The same request is sent to our transportation provider. You will receive a phone call from them to complete the reservation of your ride. It is very important that you have some form of photo identification to present to the driver.